Our visiting specialist orthodontist brings an enhanced level of training and expertise to patients at Winchmore Hill Dental Practice. The orthodontic treatments we offer achieve superior results, both aesthetically and technically. To us, ‘braces’ are not only a method of straightening crooked or over-crowded teeth, they are a way of restoring the balance and harmony of your whole face.
We favour treatments that involve light, gentle forces and which do not require anything too invasive, such as extraction or headgear. Our approach is caring and highly effective, achieving excellent results in the shortest time possible for patients.
Our range of advanced braces
Winchmore Hill Dental Practice offers Invisalign®, Six Month Smiles and lingual braces – three of the most advanced adult teeth-straightening systems available, combining fast treatment times with barely visible materials. For patients with serious bite problems, we also offer traditional fixed braces and can treat children as young as eight with orthodontics that prevent major problems in the future.
Invisalign involves the use of clear, made-to-measure aligners that sit over the top of your teeth. When worn, they’re barely visible, yet they work gently and effectively to move your teeth into the desired position in a matter of months, not years. The high-tech material of the clear aligners makes them extremely comfortable to wear, and you can remove them for cleaning, eating and even for special events – so you’ll never have to compromise on your confidence during your orthodontic treatment.
How it works
With Invisalign software we can create accurate 3D models of your teeth as they currently are, and of how they’ll look following your treatment. Your bespoke Invisalign aligners will then be made in a dental lab. The treatment process involves wearing a set of aligners for a few weeks at a time. As your teeth gradually move into their new position, you’ll return to the dentist for a new set of aligners. The number of aligners you need to wear will depend on the total treatment time required for your situation. Average treatment times take between six and 12 months, though the process can take up to two years for more complex cases.
- Predictable treatment, as Invisalign® is planned in advance your dentist can more accurately predict when your treatment will be finished
- Improved periodontal health through better dental hygiene during treatment
- No metal allergies due to brackets and wires
- Greater treatment visibility and easier planning with our treatment software
- Custom manufacture means a tailored match to your teeth, for reduced irritation and fewer scratches
Six Month Smiles is a revolutionary and modern system developed in the US, which offers patients discreet, efficient and cost-effective teeth-straightening in Enfield, Southgate and North London. The system focuses only on the front ‘smiling’ teeth, meaning that it is targeted specifically to each patient, helping to straighten teeth quickly and safely.
Six Months Smile braces are manufactured from white coloured braces, clear brackets and nickel titanium wires, meaning they are discreet and aesthetically pleasing. The best feature of Six Month Smiles is that the treatment and materials are adapted in order to achieve the same results as conventional braces, but in a much faster time.
- A quicker and more efficient system focusing only on ‘smiling’ teeth, rather than moving all of your teeth like a conventional brace.
- Braces are bespoke and custom-made for patients. Customising the force means that they can give more predictable results.
- Innovative Six Month Smiles tray kits mean that appointments take less time and are more comfortable, resulting in far shorter treatment times and increased safety and hygiene.
- Braces are discreet and aesthetic, especially beneficial for those looking for something less noticeable.
The new generation of lingual braces are designed to be worn behind the teeth, so they do not show at all. Early lingual brace systems were considered to be uncomfortable and less effective than the alternatives, but the most modern systems now offer fast treatment times and optimum comfort – plus they can treat a host of problems, from overcrowding, spacing and bite problems.